Our Workplace Assessments are designed to help managers who are managing aspergers or neurodiversity in the workplace, and employees with autism, aspergers or neurodiversity understand each other better and/or resolve their differences. You can be confident that you will receive a supreme level of understanding and sensitivity to your circumstances. Collaboration with us during the process is encouraged.
Our Workplace Assessments are delivered by our autistic director, Dr Elizabeth Guest (BSc, PhD, PGCHE). An innovative, impartial service which is informed not only by autism research but by personal experience and the experiences of the autistic adults to whom we provide services.
The service is bespoke but for general guidance it can include:
- Initial onsite evaluation of the situation by speaking to both the employee and employer, to hear both views. This can be done together or separately, depending on the employee’s wishes, subject matter, and the quality of relationship between the employee and the manager(s).
- The assessment involves creating an autism profile or neurodiversity profile of the employee. This is obtained by simply asking questions to explore various topics such as interests, strengths, and difficulties. This profile includes:
- a sensory profile
- a cognitive profile which includes learning preferences and thinking styles
- a profile of executive functioning
- various other things depending on the reason for the workplace assessment such as:
- an assessment of social functioning,
- an assessment of what would be required to help the employee achieve promotion,
- an assessment of what behaviour is due to autism/neurodiversity and what is due to personality.
- Meeting to discuss immediate reasonable adjustments or accommodations with the employer. The employee may attend this meeting as well, depending on circumstances.
- A detailed written report detailing the findings of the assessment. This describes the various aspects of the profile and makes recommendations.
Both the employers and the employee are invited to comment on the report to ensure factual accuracy and compliance with any confidentiality issues. Once comments are received, we produce a final report. This usually takes up to 2 weeks. Note lines of communication are kept open during the report writing stage within reason. So, it is possible for the employee to send us further information if they wish to reduce pressure at the assessment.
Please note that our service is very bespoke and the above may be adapted on the day depending on relevance. Note also that we will always consult both the employer and the employee to get both views before writing the report.
The Workplace Assessment will last up to 4 hours.
It is a small investment that will deliver tremendous benefits.